Are you looking for a reliable, tried-and-true way to quickly and easily sharpen your blades? Smith’s knife sharpener is the perfect solution! With its special diamond wheel technology, this handy tool makes it easy to restore any dull blade back to its original factory sharpness in just moments.
Not only is the process simple and straightforward, but with Smith’s knife sharpeners’ unique design, you can trust that your knives will remain in excellent condition for many years to come.
Read on to find out more about why Smith’s Knife Sharpener should be your go-to choice for keeping all of your kitchen utensils as razor sharp as they need to be!
5 Best Smith’s Knife Sharpener In 2023
How to use smith’s knife sharpener? (Tri-Hone)
- Secure the knife in the clamp. To ensure the sharpening process is effective, make sure that the blade of the knife is firmly clamped into the holder of Smith’s Knife Sharpener.
- Apply lubricant to both sides of the blade. Most models of Smith’s Knife Sharpeners come with a built-in lubrication reservoir or tube, allowing users to apply oil or other types of liquid lubricants directly onto both sides of the blade before starting the sharpening process.
- Set your preferred angle for sharpening and secure it firmly by tightening up some screws found at each side.
- Position your hand on top of either handle and pull forward from one end towards another.
- Make sure to apply consistent pressure while pulling the blade through the sharpening slot and repeat it 5-10 times per side, depending on desired results.
- Remove the blade from the clamp after each pass and check your progress. If still not satisfied with the results, repeat steps 4-6 until the preferred sharpness is achieved.
- Once you are happy with the sharpness of both sides of your knife’s blade, clean off any excess lubricant using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Check if there’s any burr left at either side of the blade by running your finger gently across its edge – if you feel an uneven surface, repeat steps 4-7 until the burr is removed.
- Apply honing oil to protect your knife’s surface from rust and oxidation, then buff it off with a soft cloth.
- Store or use your newly sharpened knife as desired! Enjoy!
How To Use Smith’s Knife Sharpener (2-Step)
Step 1: Insert The Blade Correctly
The Smith’s 2-Step Knife Sharpener is designed for ultimate precision and safety. With Tungsten Carbide cutting heads to quickly sharpen, Fine Ceramic Rods for durable sharpening, and Non-Slip Rubber Soles/Feet guaranteeing added security – enjoy speedy results with maximum efficiency. These sharpeners are your ideal mini sharpening station when you need to quickly restore the cutting edge of any blade, particularly pocket knives. Simply insert the knife at a 90-degree angle and enjoy effortless results in no time.
Step 2: Sharpen By Pulling
To sharpen your blade, draw inspiration from a fidget spinner and give it some good gentle pullback. Ensure you don’t apply too much pressure as the angling will keep it in its compact position. Make sure to pull towards yourself so that the full effect can be achieved before pushing it carefully back into place for sharpened edges after repeating this process multiple times until satisfaction is reached!
Smith’s Knife Sharpener Instructions (Pocket Pal™)
Treat yourself to a Smith sharpener and get your tools back in working order! This multi-functional item comes with various features that are sure to fit all of your needs. From knives and scissors, to drill bits – this device can handle it all; simply follow the provided instructions for quick repairs you’ll be proud of!
V-Shaped Sharpening Slots
Sharpening your knives has never been easier with a 2-Step method. After setting the blade in place, you can simply pull and push to get it started – no extra effort is required! But if you want an even smoother finish, take advantage of our new carbide blades followed by ceramic stone for a truly polished edge. In just two simple steps you’ll have perfectly sharpened knife blades with minimal effort!
Tapered Diamond Rod
To get your serrated blade sharp and ready to go, use the tapered diamond rod from the Pocket Pal™ sharpener – it’s shaped similarly to a router antenna. To sharpen the flat edges of knife blades at an optimal angle for performance, hold them against the rod with a 23-degree tilt away from you and move back and forth in one direction. Serration lines need more attention; stroking each row is key here as well!
However, make sure not to exhaust yourself by oversharpening it – stop when your knives meet desired satisfaction levels. And remember that keeping open pores free of debris will ensure maximum efficiency within this process so don’t forget some thorough cleaning or applying lubricant beforehand too!
How many times should you run a knife through a sharpener?
It depends on the type of knife you are sharpening and the condition of its blade. Generally, a good rule of thumb is to run it through the sharpener 5-10 times.
If your knife has an especially dull or damaged blade, then you may need to run it through more than 10 times.
It’s best to check the edge after each pass and assess the amount of metal removed; if you notice very little being taken off during subsequent passes, stop sharpening. Over-sharpening can damage your knives, so make sure not to get carried away!
What should you not do when Smith’s knife sharpeners a knife?
It is important to make sure that you do not over-sharpen a knife when using the Smith’s Knife Sharpener. Doing so can cause the blade to become brittle and break easily, leading to injury.
It is also important to avoid using too much pressure when sharpening your knives with this tool; it should only take light strokes to sharpen the blade without damaging it.
It is also wise to keep a separate honing or steeling rod handy in order to maintain the angle of your blade’s edge, this will help preserve the sharpness of your knife for longer periods of time! Finally, never use Smith’s Knife Sharpener on serrated knives. This could potentially damage them beyond repair.
If you own a Smith’s Knife Sharpener, then you know how great it is at keeping your knives sharp. But did you know that there’s a certain way to use it to get the best results?
In this blog post, we covered how to use smith’s knife sharpener properly so that you can keep your knives in tip-top shape. We hope that these tips were helpful and that you now feel confident using your knife sharpener. If not, or if you have any other questions, please reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help.